Re: [DIYbio] Blue orchids

Not all anthocyanins are Ph dependent, I think. After all, there are plenty of blue acidic fruits? Though I don't know if the pathways for these have been well-studied.

On 17 May 2017 22:48:30 GMT+01:00, Jo Donoghue <jomdonoghue@gmail.com> wrote:
So I want to dabble in plant genetics and have already gotten orchids from tissue cultures. I now want to turn them blue. I was going to take a pink Phalaenopsis equestris and try to alter it's genes to make more anthocyanin but it won't turn blue without a more basic pH. Is this correct and what can be altered genetically to change the pH and not kill the plant?

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment