Re: [DIYbio] Autoclaving vinegar

I suppose my worry would be whether the vinegar is better able to attack its container at 120°C, so maybe important to choose the right material..

On 24 March 2020 15:53:18 GMT+00:00, "Andreas "Mega" Stuermer" <andreas.t.stuermer@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone, 

Growing some bioplastics right now.
Dissolving Pectin is really hard but autoclaving it is just magical.

Not, ideally I want it dissolved in 5% acetic acid ("table vinegar").

Flaming point is 38°C but ignition temperature seems above 400°C.

Is it smart to autoclave 100 or 500 mL of vinegar?

Just realizing how much better molecular biology is because there risk of anything exploding is practically zero

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment