Re: IRC Channel

The problem with IRC is that only a small subset of the user-base uses
it in the first place. And we need the place to be populated most of
the time so it doesn't feel so useless. I use irc once in a while when
I got some question about programming, ubuntu, or those few times I
feel like playing "magic the gathering". The mailing list seems to get
more faster replies.

I'm not sure I went to the right place but the channel you made was
empty. irc.darkmyst.org #diybio


On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Ethan <argentumxy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am rather new here, though I have been lurking for a while. I
> thought it would be interesting to get to know some of the people in
> the DIYbio community, and in another group I belong to, we have an IRC
> channel. I think it allows discourse in less topic-relevant subjects.
>
> Looking through old posts, I was curious if there were any active IRC
> channels associated with DIYbio. My searches on the google  group
> yielded #diybio on irc.freenode.net. However, this appears to now be
> occupied by a small number of transhumanists, where I am looking for a
> group more based on citizen science/diybio/amateur biology.
>
> I grabbed the channel #diybio on irc.darkmyst.org, if anyone cares to
> join. If there already is an active channel, can you direct me to it?
> Thanks!
>
> -Ethan
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
> To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio?hl=en.
>

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio?hl=en.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment