[DIYbio] Where to buy PCR primers/oligonucleotides?

Hi. So, I just got my OpenPCR kit, which I must admit I bought somewhat on a whim. I'm a Msc. student in biotechnology, and like the idea of doing some "research" on my spare time. I'm participating in our university's iGEM team, and for the last couple of weeks we've been working full-time on our project and getting more lab experience. We haven't gotten to running PCR yet, but that's coming up. It would be fun to put my own machine to use too (if I can manage to assemble it). I'm having one problem though - where can I get primers synthesized and the other reagents I need (I don't want to take anything from the lab, and would like to be able to design and buy my own primers separate from our project)?

I've looked up quite a few suppliers, but all of them require listing which organization you belong to for registering and/or shipping.

The suppliers I have checked out include:

eurofins mwg|operon
IDT DNA
Invitrogen/Life Technologies
Sigma Aldrich
VWR
GenScript
BioLegio


Does anyone know of any suppliers that ship to residential addresses, and don't require an institutional affiliation?

Thanks for your attention,

Jarle

PS: I'm located in northern Europe

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/diybio/-/CDS7t196juUJ.
To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio?hl=en.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment