Re: [DIYbio] Re: Bacteria Lava-Lamp

Expression of the Photorhabdus luminescens lux genes (luxA, B, C, D,
and E) in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14654435

(I can access the full article, so I think it's open-access)

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Chowe <c9howe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Im sorry, I do have the plasmid map. It seems that he was referring to the
> attached document he had sent in the email but I never saw it. I have
> attached the plasmid map to my post.
>
>
> On Tuesday, July 31, 2012 11:19:26 PM UTC-4, Chowe wrote:
>>
>> That is great to hear! I have also plated some glowing cells on amp plates
>> (my first at home experiment) and I finally got them to glow. It was a great
>> feeling when I first saw them. Now If I were to put these plates in the
>> freezer to keep for a while, how long do you think I could save them for
>> later use?
>>
>> Also, I got an email back from the supplier of the gram-positive glowing
>> plasmid and they said that there is information on the plasmid map on the
>> site, he wasn't too clear about it. He also added that it is about $561 US
>> for the plasmid, not very cheap.
>>
>> On Monday, July 30, 2012 11:18:48 AM UTC-4, Mega wrote:
>>>
>>> Just wanted to tell,
>>>
>>> I plated the glowing colis (from my bio fridge) on new plates, and they
>>> were much brighter than the original ones. Maybe because of less satellite
>>> colonies because of fresh amp ?
>>> They were even so bright that you could see their glowing in a semi-dark
>>> room (10 o clock PM, streetlights illuminating the room weakly) without
>>> adapting your eyes to it.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Am Sonntag, 22. Juli 2012 01:15:33 UTC+2 schrieb Chowe:
>>>>
>>>> Hello! Im very new to DIYbio and I am looking to do an exciting first
>>>> project. I work in a genetics lab so I have experience with most techniques.
>>>> I have had many ideas for projects, that I happily found out most people
>>>> have had the same ones too (glowing plants, glowing yogurt) but I thought a
>>>> lava lamp would be the simplest way. I am wondering how you guys would go
>>>> about completing this. I saw that cambridge igem team made a lava-lamp, seen
>>>> here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUFscEVK5Ks I would like to make
>>>> something just like that. I would prefer if I didn't have to induce it or if
>>>> I did it would be through oxygen like the cambridge lava-lamp. It would be
>>>> cool to have in my room to light it up at night. As with the glowing plants
>>>> and yogurt they seem to be a lot harder and it seems like not many people
>>>> have been successful so I wanted to choose a project that I would be more
>>>> likely to succed. Thanks!
>>>>
>>>> Corey
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "DIYbio" group.
> To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/diybio/-/mUCT3sRy0xcJ.
>
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>



--
Nathan McCorkle
Rochester Institute of Technology
College of Science, Biotechnology/Bioinformatics

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment