Re: [DIYbio] [diybio-eu] Indie.bio - Any interest in a "curated call" list?

On Saturday, November 29, 2014 12:08:54 PM UTC-8, Nathan McCorkle wrote:
Exactly, I have a few ideas/projects that I would love to farm out to
the right/interested team. A platform for this would probably allow an
idea-poster to choose what license/business-model (trade-secret,
patents, open-source). For these such projects, I've done lots and
lots of research but am too busy with other things currently, so I
would really just want to be an adviser. Open-source projects would
obviously be easier to get going and develop trust, I think... but I
do think non-open projects could gain from this sort of system.

Basically it would like posting your idea to indie.bio's list of
'project ideas'  (with their approval) and then choosing a team from
the people who showed up saying it was interesting to them.

I might be interested in something like this as well. I have way more ideas than I can pursue by myself anyway. But it would be nice to at least get credit for the idea. 

I don't care much for patents, and equity doesn't truly excite me. My "coin of the realm" is to be recognized and acknowledged for the ideas that I bring to the table. Of course, anyone writing a patent would totally be shooting themselves in the foot by acknowledging that the idea came from someone else. But that just goes to show how messed up the patent system is...

Patrik

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/55bc82e7-0465-4747-bb63-0339945516a4%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment