[DIYbio] Re: Building DIY bio lab, would like some opinion and help

HI,

Yeah, I have approached people to help in this initiative and I've got a very good response directors of two recognized institute are ready to guide me in this. People are spreading word about my initiative. teachers from colleges are also ready to help. I have got a partner who is planning the activity along with me. So in short, I started buiding community but at lab equipment, am still planning. 

Yes we can assist each other, are these equipments are precise enough for bio lab ? I mean are they well efficient ?

On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 at 2:02:04 AM UTC+5:30, 210jrd wrote:
Hi Bhavna, have you made any progress, I have built my own home based DIYBio without spending too much, it has taken me almost a year but I have a nice garage based lab now, I am a retired physician, but you are better qualified in microbiology so maybe we can assist each other. I know very good sources for equipment. JD  ps just incubator shown, have PCR/electrophoresis/centrifuge/microscope etc


On Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 12:37:47 AM UTC-8, BHAVNA PANDYA wrote:
Hi,

yeah thanks :)

is there a need of forming an advisory committee for DIY bio lab ?

On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 at 11:59:45 AM UTC+5:30, Mega [Andreas Stuermer] wrote:
Hi and welcome!

Why don't you start with simple bacterial transformations with some people to gain traction and assemble a group and then grow the group and get some equipment?

The odin and ebay would be good sources. Well, some of ebays stuff.

First thing I did years ago was ordering pVIB from Carolina for 10$ (plus 30$ shipment)


              

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/diybio.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/9fcbc560-771a-4878-9493-7d6ec912f9ce%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You have provided very useful advice.Building a bio lab have to consider many issues including the goal,equipments,fee and so on. Bacterial transformations can get the kits and fees, so it can work.

Post a Comment