Re: [DIYbio] Camera for fluorescence detection system

Hi Charles,

if you only want to do detection, maybe something like the TSL235R would be an option for you - it's cheap, and it can detect very low levels of light. I've used it to quantify fluorescence from DNA dyes like SYBR Green in microliter volumes.

Kind regards,
Lisa

On 23. Nov 2020, at 19:10, 'Charles Maldonado' via DIYbio <diybio@googlegroups.com> wrote:


Hi all,

I am developing a DIY detection sytem for fluorescence. I want to do the actual detection with a camera, but right now I am struggling a little bit with the selection of this camera There are so many cameras available and I don't know, which one of them will allow me to detect fluorescence. I guess, I need operation in low-light conditions and a high SNR. But aside from that, I don't know, which minimal specs I need...
I just want to use it for detection, not for imaging.
Could you help me please? My max budget is around 500 USD. But the cheaper, the better :D
Thanks!

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/c5a7af8c-03b2-4bfa-af53-8a9e709c5471n%40googlegroups.com.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment