[DIYbio] Re: Looking for spectrophotometer, any good DIY options?

The iGEM 2014 team from Aachen put together a nice low-cost DIY OD & fluorescence cuvette measurement device.

I don't know if that satisfies all of your specifications, but it's well documented and might be a nice starting point: http://2014.igem.org/Team:Aachen/OD/F_device

Thanks,
-Jake


On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 1:09:59 PM UTC-5 betanic wrote:

I'm looking to buy or build a spectrophotometer for my lab. I would like to use it to determine DNA, RNA, protein, and cell culture concentrations. Based on my research I think a nanodrop style is better because of the low volume, but whatever works is fine.

The only DIY option I have found is the build here:
With a video and modification done by Justin Atkin

Anyways, both the hackteria build and Justin's modifications seem incomplete, especially for the full set of uses I would like.

Has anyone here built there own spectrophotometer or have any advice on building one?
I might end up just buying a nanodrop but considering how expensive it is I'm obviously considering all options, and definitely willing to build my own if I can get together a blueprint.

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/bbb47327-ca54-4336-9e43-2a6342fe88f5n%40googlegroups.com.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment