[DIYbio] Any problem ordering supplies to a residential address? (moving to a cheap area to start a lab)

Hi All,


I am planning to set up a DIY bio/chemistry lab. To do that, I plan to move to an inexpensive area (San Antonio, TX) and rent a house to live an work in. I am planning to setup my lab in one of the bedrooms or in the garage of that house.

My biggest concern is whether the major biotech suppliers would ship me the stuff to my residential address? I am thinking of major suppliers like Thermo Fisher, GE Healthcare and Sigma. I don't want to move through entire country, sign a lease only to learn that I can not practically do anything. 

I am self-employed and can work from anywhere in US. 

Please let me know your experience. Was the delivery ever a problem for you? How did you overcome it?

Sergii

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/de2ed390-1174-4fec-8f5f-af72a0fbe1fan%40googlegroups.com.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment