[DIYbio] Anand - Lets FFT that wet stuff ...

HI Anand,

I'm glad I asked, not just to inform me, but this gets the idea(s) out for everybody.

Doing time series to FFT is one of the few algorithms I haven't been able to apply well ! When I was 'young' I tried it in Fortran and always ran out of dynamic range, it was always miss-calibrated and was more like a 'tone detector' then a histogram. As a hint when that was, it was in Fortran on a Data General Eclipse.

-anyway-

I'm assuming you suggest an x-form into the frequency domain, then matching somehow is in your scope of work on this.

Offhand, I don't think that seems like it will do much; but obviously you are on a larger safari then one assumption I made here. I do also like to be wrong. I am sure it is worth doing.

The scope of "DIY" here logically includes a lot of comp sci as opposed to wet chemistry, obviously.

Esp since this forum has relatively little traffic ( sadly ) ... how about poking up more here. I can maybe do something helpful. If its burdensome volume wise we can continue elsewhere. This gets the nuts and bolts of what your considering out to others.

I could maybe write some programs, etc who knows.

One aspect is surely it's good stuff for base pairs to be considered as actionable including there X Y Z and methylation, etc not just a string of five characters... Wrapping on histones, etc all sort of epigenetics needs more attention to 3D xNA. This "If it's not making a protein, its junk" idea is NOT DEAD !!!

Q1: Do you think an end user accessible notation combining B.P. and Cartesian positions in some duality motif, is desirable but weirdly absent ? 

Regs,
Daniel B. Kolis

my ref: Anand, diy, nafl, 12 Mar 2023





--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups DIYbio group. To post to this group, send email to diybio@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/diybio?hl=en
Learn more at www.diybio.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "DIYbio" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to diybio+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/diybio/7e5e81f9-98f1-4409-83c3-9b160803d4f7n%40googlegroups.com.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment